The season of giving is upon us, and we are in the peak time for festive fundraising. It is time to consider the impact that the COVID virus will have on your efforts. We mustn’t forget our strong British values of helping others and raising money for charities and good causes.
Here we reveal the Christmas fundraising ideas that overcome the social-distancing practices we need to follow to tackle the COVID crisis.
Festive Fundraising Ideas
Under the current restrictions, there are various Christmas fundraising ideas to raise money for the cause that is close to your heart:
- Virtual Christmas party: Use your favourite conferencing platform, such as Zoom or Skype, to hold a party with mince pies and mulled wine.
- Get outside and active: Whether it is a walk, run, swim, or cycle, you can have fun with this traditional form of fundraising by dressing up as Santa or one of his elves.
- Christmas raffle: You can hold a lottery or auction and either purchase gifts or make your own by putting together a Christmas hamper.
- Carol singing: Raising money through carol singing has to be one of the oldest Christmas traditions. If your vocal chords are not up for it, then get your children involved. It is a great way to raise money and teach kids about important values.
- Festive dress-up day: Hold a dress-up day for you and your virtual co-workers. You can wear your favourite Christmas jumper, and everyone can show off theirs during a Zoom team meeting.
- Donations instead of presents: A great way to feel good about giving.
- Virtual pub quiz: Think festive when you curate your questions, such as naming Santa’s reindeer.
As you can see, there are plenty of festive fundraising ideas.
Contactless collection boxes are the future of festive fundraising. At a time when we need to reduce passing things from one person to the next, it only makes sense to say goodbye to cash. Contactless payments are convenient, and the fundraiser doesn’t even need to be there when donations are made.
Is it time that you discovered the COVID-safe approach to festive fundraising?