GWD at Fundraising Convention 2023
Join us to see the Donation Station live
The annual Fundraising Convention, held by the Chartered Institute of Fundraising, will take place on 3rd and 4th July at the QEII Centre, London .
This year, for the first time ever, the event will be hybrid with both in-person and online tickets available. Which ties in nicely with this year’s theme of ‘Connection’.
What does Connection mean to us?
The Donation Station works hard to connect charities, fundraisers, corporate partners and supporters through contactless technology.
It’s also ideal for building meaningful connections through digital storytelling. By using strong imagery and messaging, the device connects donors to your cause, something that is especially important in today’s competitive landscape.
Come and say hello!
Find us on Stand 2 in the Expo, on the Third Floor. We love meeting fundraisers in-person so come and have a chat with our friendly team about all things contactless fundraising.
We will also be raising funds on behalf of The Salvation Army, so look out for our live Donation Station, and see how well it can work for your cause.
What are we looking forward to?
There are plenty of sessions planned for this year’s event.
Here’s our list of Digital Transformation and Donor Experience themed insights, we think look fantastic for any fundraising team.
- Panel: How to Digitally Transform without Transformation – Creating a Successful Digital Strategy
- Presentation: Raise more Money and Deepen you most Valuable Relationships
- Presentation: Towards a Better Understanding of Individual Giving Motivations and Habits
- Presentation: Utilising your Charity’s USP to Win Partnerships
- Presentation: Leading the Way with Digital Success
- Presentation: Transforming Emotions into Memorable Donor Experiences
- Panel: Harnessing the Power of the ‘Digital’ to Mobilise Supporters and Generate income
- Presentation and Case Study: How can Charities Attract Support and Raise More Money during a Cost-Of-Living Crisis
- Panel: Relationship Fundraising Best Practice
- Panel: What does Charity of the Year Mean Today in Terms of Long-term Strategic Partnerships?
- Presentation: The Art of Togetherness – Responding to the Cost-Of-Living Crisis in a joined-up way
Food Donations for The Abbey Centre
This year, the event is getting involved with fundraising itself. The CIOF have partnered with a local charity and are asking for food donations. These will be collected Monday 3rd July, from 8:30am-4:00pm in the Cambridge Room.
What do they need?
- Tinned/boxed food e.g. soup, baked beans, canned fruit and vegetables, pasta sauce, canned meats, baby food (not formula)
- Dried food e.g. pasta, tea bags, healthy cereals, rice
- Personal hygiene products e.g. toilet paper, sanitary products, toothpaste, deodorant, nappies, baby whites, bars of soap
- Cleaning products e.g. multi-purpose cleaning sprays, laundry detergents, washing up liquid
- Treats e.g. biscuits or chocolates
Find out what people had to say last year
Can't make it this year?
Not to worry! We will be sharing our highlights from the convention, as well as any Third Sector insights we learn here on our blog.
More from the Blog
Who are GWD?
We help socially-minded organisations transition to digital systems, building stronger relationships through impactful products and services.
Our experience goes back two decades, with a foundation building and providing critical digital services and products for the financial services and retail industries.
With a long-proven ability to handle challenging projects and a team of trusted experts, we work hard to solve problems and deliver change that helps others.